UPDATE: AUGUST 12, 2018. Four people have informed me that Justen DeFrang is the person who broke into my store. He is currently a guest of the State of Washington at their DOC Walla Walla facility. We are anxiously awaiting his release. In the mean time, if you have any information about Mr. DeFrang we would much appreciate hearing from you.
To those of you who do not know me, my name is Doug Schwab and I am that wheelchair guy out in Joyce who owned the Port Crescent Trading Company store. Tuesday night june 13, 2017 at least two persons broke into my store and stole more than $15,000 worth of merchandise. Much of it was highly collectable and specific to the olympic peninsula area. Please take note of this list of some of the stolen items and contact me or the Clallam County Sheriffs office if you should cross paths with anything listed. I will also be posting pictures and descriptions on my Port Crescent Trading Company facebook page and my portcrescent.com website Please help me out by taking a quick look and keeping an eye out.
1) three ring binder containing antique postcards
2) three ring binder containing antique historical documents and assorted rare papers
3) three ring binder containing baseball cards
4) three ring binder containing postage stamps
5) three ring binder containing rare photographs
6) cree headlamp
7) 100+ Port Angeles 1962 Centennial $1 bronze coins, very large looks like gold
8) Ibanez bass guitar, black with large black hardshell case
9) Washburn electric guitar, black
10) Mako electric guitar, very distinct v shaped body, green color in a black hardshell case
11) Fender Squire electric guitar , black body with white pickgard
12) over $2,500 of collectable coinage including state quarter sets, individual coins in folders, silver coins, several sets. a tub of liberty and bufallo head nickels, 100+ rolls of coins, copper ingots and much more.
13) very specific were several bronze and silver "Boeing" commemorative coins, most have airplanes on them.
14) a very large P.A. speaker, huge with steel corners and large carry handles on the sides, very heavy. Stage equipement.
15) 4 gerber gator machetes
16) very large and heavy fantasy sword with 30" blade, handgaurds have a purplish color
17) plano boxes of rare beads including freshwater pearls, coral, sterling silver, amethyst stones and jewelry making supplies.
18) sound stage and lighting equipment, lots of switches, cords, DJ control console for sound and lights.
19) 32 caliber breach loader pistol, small gun, nickel finish with black handles, 2-3" barrel. Breach opens up to load it, circa 1940's. Poor condition but probably would still fire.
20) 2 three ring binders of rare comic books and magazines
21) coin sorting funnels, one green, red, blue and orange, used to count and roll coins plus several hundred coin wrappers, magnifying glasses assorted coin collecting and grading items
PICTURES OF SOME OF THE ITEMS STOLEN:
PORT ANGELES 1962 CENTENNIAL $1 TOKENS
IBANEZ BASS GUITAR
BOENG 747 BRONZE
BOEING B17 PEWTER SILVER
BOEING B17 BRONZE
BOEING 727 SILVER
BOEING 727 SILVER REVERSE
BOEING 727 BRONZE
BOEING 727 BRONZE REVERSE
BOEING 777 SILVER
WASHBURN MERCURY SERIES ELECTRIC GUITAR
MAKO ELECTRIC GUITAR LIKE THIS ONE WITH A GREEN METALIC FINISH IN A BLACK HARDSHELL CASE